It is quite common for people to leave things undone when they are supposed to do them and elevate themselves to a higher position. Many people who leave things undone, also don’t listen to good advice and recommendations from other people.
Generally, most of us procrastinate and forfeit the internal journey to our true potential. We must all travel that internal path that will certainly lead us to discover our true potential—if only we are serious about it.
Your true potential is your real and eternal identity that’s waiting to be motivated enough to come alive
The journey to self-discovery or true potential is one that every man and woman must take alone—by themselves—and in combination with the harmony between them and the universe which is their eternal home.
Some people who fail to find their true potential, consider themselves a failure at life’s calling because they’ve been unable to find their true potential.
The inspiring real-life story of Anthony Burgess: how hardship and challenges can actually help you find your true potential
Anthony Burgess (an English writer and composer) had found out that brain tumor would kill him in about a year’s time after he got the information.
It was a serious issue, and he knew that he had a major hardship and challenge on his shoulder like many people around the world usually do; but good enough, it wasn’t able to deter him from finding his true potential.
At the time, he was completely broke and didn’t have anything substantial to leave behind for his wife (Lynne) whom people assumed would soon become a widow.
Although Anthony Burgess had never been a practicing composer or novelist, he always had faith that he would write great works, even when it was claimed he would soon die
Faced by hardship, a great challenge, death, and a desire to leave behind money and royalties for his wife, Anthony Burgess began writing like many people do today.
Around 1960, he put a paper into a typewriter and began typing/writing; and although he wasn’t certain his work would be published, he couldn’t think about doing anything better with his life before dying.
According to his own words “It was January 1960, and according to prognosis (prediction of the course of the disease), I had a winter and spring and summer to live through, and would die with the fall of the leaf”.
Surprisingly, around that time Anthony Burgess wrote energetically like someone who had found their true potential; he ended up finishing five and a half novels before the year was over.
The amount of work produced by Anthony Burgess is nearly equal to the lifetime work of E. M. Forster, and almost twice the amount of work produced by J. D. Salinger.
Contrary to medical prognosis and wide-spread belief, Anthony Burgess didn’t die
While in the process of writing what many people would consider “the last writing of his life”, Anthony Burgess’ cancer had abated and vanished completely.
He ended up writing more than 70 books during his lifetime; however, without the death sentence from medical prognosis, he might not have had any hardship or challenge that would compel him to find his true potential.
Many people in the present-day are like Anthony Burgess—we need hardship and challenges to make us sit up and wear the crown of true potential
Greatness is silently sleeping within many people who actually need or deserve to be handed tough situations and a state of emergency that can awaken their true potential from slumber.
If we don’t learn to take advantage of the positives in hardship and challenges and see how crisis can inspire people’s best efforts and make them much better, then we will tend to create a life based on comfort, and not be challenged by anything.
If you have already located your true potential, don’t wait for something tragic or challenging to come your way before you get going with your true potential. Use your true potential to challenge yourself from within.
Download my self-published book on Amazon for free: Real Faith that can Deeply Inspire you Forever (PDF). On the other hand, you may decide to read the digital (Kindle) version on Amazon for free if you are a registered member of Amazon Kindle Unlimited.
Note that hardcover copies of the book are also available, and can be purchased here. In case you meet up with Amazon’s requirements for giving reviews, kindly give your best possible review by using the “customer reviews” button at the bottom of a web page that can be accessed via the link in the previous paragraph.
This new book can boost your faith, positivity, and outlook on life. The chapters in the book include the following:
1. Faith: the superpower that materializes desires & gives new life to dying ambitions
- The shield of faith
- Developing the shield of faith
2. Faith: still strong enough to alter today’s facts
3. Your outcome in life is determined by what you believe in: faith or fact
4. The reality of invisible worlds & life: physical & spiritual
- Evidences of invisible life
- The reality of the spiritual world, & life after death
5. How to develop strong faith
- Definition of faith
- How strong faith can be developed
- Certain things that can affect faith
6. How to influence your mind to attract your desires and a glorious afterlife
- Have a good intention to acquire what you desire
- Decide what you want
- Give unto others so that it will be easier for you to receive
- Make it a habit to always practice visualizing what you want
7. There is magic in positive thinking—always think positively!
- If positive thinking is effective, why can’t everybody do it?
- Is there evidence that positive thinking is effective?
8. Past events that disproved the impossible: one person’s impossibility is another person’s possibility
- Past events that illustrate how people who studied the impossible changed the course of the world
- The New York Times
- Nineteenth-century chemists
- Lord Kelvin
- Albert Einstein
- Stephen Hawking
9. Prophets of technology, or Prophets of GOD?
- Two great visionaries
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Jules Verne
- Were they prophets of technology, or prophets of GOD.
10. How to turn defeat into victory by experimenting with different things
- Look away from defeat at the bottom of the ladder, and towards victory at the top of the ladder
- Everyone who truly turned defeat into victory encountered and responded to one form of defeat or another
- Although it is barely impossible to succeed without encountering hardship and opposition, it is possible to use hardship to move forward and upward ever
- The lesson is this: gain or salvage something valuable from every situation—good or bad
- Instead of blaming people or bad luck, look at challenges or setbacks and learn from them
11. The fight of faith: why give up when the time comes to fight this important battle?
- Despite our knowledge about positivity, why do many of us lose the battle of faith?
- So how can we acquire faith?
12. The importance of protecting your unlimited potential: a look at some unlimited potential achievements & quotes
- But what is the meaning of unlimited potential?
- Some of the greatest unlimited potential achievements in history
- Some popular and inspiring quotes on unlimited potential & possibilities
13. The universality of GOD’s power
- GOD’s power is so universal, it can be found in the smallest and mightiest deeds in creation
- The universality of GOD’s power also reaches the deepest part of the human spirit
- The universality of GOD’s power makes it possible for GOD to be contacted from anywhere in the universe—anywhere!
14. The everlasting generosity of GOD, the universe, or Mother Nature
- The generosity of GOD seems to be a law in the universe! Why? Because it can be seen everywhere
Please share this post and information about the book; it can really boost someone’s faith, positivity, and outlook about life.
(Featured Image Credit: Pixabay.com.)